Our vision is to transform African American communities, one child at a time.
Our Mission: Our mission is to address issues affecting African American children and families, by investing in programs and services that create a strong foundation for children to thrive long-term.
The Foundation supports programs that not only create opportunities and challenges for children to learn and practice leadership skills, but also build leadership character in youth. The ultimate goal of every Foundation grant dollar is to empower young people to make the right life choices.
Our Impact: The Foundation is working hard to ensure that our commitment to high impact philanthropy results in meaningful change that address underlying issues affecting African American children. To increase our impact and improve outcomes, we have narrowed the focus of our investments to three Philanthropic Focus Areas: (1) African American Families, (2) Education, and (3) Health and Wellness.
Five Point Strategy for Building Tomorrow's Leaders
Jack and Jill of America Foundation, Inc. believes that leaders are made, not born. Since building tomorrow's leaders is at the core of the Foundation's activities, we have developed a five-point strategy for achieving this goal. This strategy, along with the community service agenda, sets the framework upon which the Foundation's grant making rests. Programs the Foundation funds must embrace at least one of the following five points.
- Seek to foster the building of character within children.
- Aim to instill cultural consciousness and intellectual, moral, practical and emotional responsibility in children.
- Cultivate and promote projects that provide children with the opportunities and challenges to learn about leadership.
- Target Foundation resources toward grant proposals that emphasize listening, learning, thinking and problem-solving.
- Design, implement and support programs that provide leadership training for children.